Archive for the ‘Knockout Game’ Category

Smith for knockout penalties

Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 10:30 am

Smith for knockout penalties

State Sen. Malcolm Smith (D-Hollis) is co-sponsoring a bill that would classify any assault in a so-called knockout game attack a class B felony punishable by up to 25 years in prison.

These sick and vicious attacks need to stop, Smith said in a statement issued by his office. It is inconceivable to me how injuring an innocent person could be considered a fun game by anyone.

The bill, also sponsored by Hugh Farley (R-Schenectady), would cover both group attacks or those carried out by an individual.

In a follow-up phone conversation last week, Smith said the law is needed because people are getting seriously hurt.

If you are attacked, fall and hit your head, you could be killed, Smith said.

New York States penal code already carries sentences up to 25 years for first-degree assault. The senator did not give a direct answer how and why a knockout attack resulting in injury should be treated differently by police and prosecutors than those punishable by existing law.

Thats something that would have to be worked out in committee, he said.

Posted in Queenswide, South, Eastern, Central, North, Western on Thursday, April 10, 2014 10:30 am.

See the original post here:

Smith for knockout penalties

Fight Club: Vicious ‘Knockout’ game spreads as random gang attacks rise – Video


Fight Club: Vicious #39;Knockout #39; game spreads as random gang attacks rise
The unfortunate popularity of the #39;knockout game #39; seems to be spreading, and is suspected to be behind two recent attacks in the nation #39;s capital. The unfort...

By: NewsFact

See the rest here:

Fight Club: Vicious 'Knockout' game spreads as random gang attacks rise - Video

From 911 to the Knockout Game – Video


From 911 to the Knockout Game

By: PinHeadzBlackson

Read more:

From 911 to the Knockout Game - Video

Illinois bill proposes harsher penalties for `knockout game` offenders

Chilling new ad campaign targets `texting and driving` Chilling new ad campaign targets `texting and driving`

Updated: Wednesday, April 9 2014 8:38 PM EDT2014-04-10 00:38:29 GMT

Nearly 80 percent of teens and young adults admit to reading text messages while driving.

Nearly 80 percent of teens and young adults admit to reading text messages while driving.

Updated: Wednesday, April 9 2014 8:24 PM EDT2014-04-10 00:24:41 GMT

They are phone calls filled with promises of unexpected winnings, or desperate situations that require immediate action. But, there's always a catch and it could cost you big money.

They are phone calls filled with promises of unexpected winnings, or desperate situations that require immediate action. But, there's always a catch and it could cost you big money.

Updated: Wednesday, April 9 2014 8:21 PM EDT2014-04-10 00:21:07 GMT

The Illinois Senate has stepped up penalties for people who play the knockout game -- where a victim is targeted, then hit with one hard punch.

The Illinois Senate has stepped up penalties for people who play the knockout game -- where a victim is targeted, then hit with one hard punch.

See the original post:

Illinois bill proposes harsher penalties for `knockout game` offenders

Victim from 'knockout game' located

Dayton police have located a homeless man who was allegedly beaten by three area teens who recorded the attack characterized as "The Knockout Game."

In the video, a 17-year-old is seen following Ronald Baird, 57, of Dayton as he was collecting cans in an alley near the Stivers School for the Arts on East Fifth Street in Dayton. The 17-year-old and a 15-year-old who recorded the video are students at Stivers.

In the video obtained exclusively by WHIO and the Dayton Daily News, the teen is seen hitting the man, knocking him to the ground and following him when he runs away. The victim's wallet was stolen.

Police had been working to locate Baird following the attack to check his condition and interview him.

The teens have both been charged with robbery, a second-degree felony. Both were booked into the Montgomery County Juvenile Detention Center on Monday. Officials will pursue trying the teens as adults, Curley said.

Originally posted here:

Victim from 'knockout game' located