Archive for the ‘Hillary Clinton’ Category

New Emails Show Abedin Aiding Clinton Foundation Donors – Washington Free Beacon

Huma Abedin and Hillary Clinton / Getty Images

BY: Charles Fain Lehman July 17, 2017 2:15 pm

New State Department emails released by the watchdog group Judicial Watch revealthat top Hillary Clinton aid Huma Abedinassisted donors to the Clinton Foundation while Clinton was serving as secretary of state.

The emails, which include six thatpreviously had not been turned over to the State Department,show Abedin connecting powerful Clinton donors to the then-secretary of state.

Clinton Global Initiative head Doug Band told Abedin in July 2009 to "show love" to Andrew Liveris,CEO of Dow Chemical, during theU.S.-China Strategic and Economic Dialogue forum. Liveris, whose company gave between $1 and $5 million to the foundation,was supposed to be introduced to Clinton.

Band also pushed Abedin to make a connection for Karlheinz Koegel, a major Clinton Foundation donor whowanted Clinton to give the "honor speech" for his media prize to "Merkel." In May, Koegelattempted to helpCanadian donor Michael Cohl with visa processing, a request Abedin emailed to Clinton's "confidential assistant."

Band was even involved in State Department personnel matters. In May, 2009, he discussed a "career post" for someone in East Timor with Abedin. Later that year in August, he passed along the name of someone who wanted to be appointed ambassador to Barbados.

Band was not alone, however, in using Abedin to seek favors for foundation donors. In June 2009, Clinton's brother, Tony Rodham, passed along a letter from a Richard Park, whohas donatedbetween $100,000 and $250,000 to the Clinton Foundation.

Clintondonor Ben Ringel asked Abedin to help get an Iranian woman a visa to come to the United States in November 2009. "We need to get her clearance even only temporary to be with her granddaughter," he wrote.

Abedin forwarded Ringel's email to a contact, adding, "Can U help Monday with consular affairs?"

"Sure. Will look into it," Abedin's contact replied.

The emails also show at least five instances of lax security from the Clinton State Department. Classified documents are forwarded to private email accounts or, in the case of Clinton's sensitive daily schedule, forwarded frequently to Clinton Foundation officers, including Band.

"I'm not sure how much more evidence of pay for play, classified information mishandling, and influence peddling from Clinton's email server one would need to show a serious criminal investigation is required," said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton of the new emails.

As the WashingtonFree Beaconhas previously reported, this is not the first evidence that Abedin helped million-dollar donors to the foundation with political favors. Those emails showed Abedin helpingone donor obtain access to Indian Prime MinisterManmohan Singh, and sending emails containing theclassified names of intelligenceagency employees.

Go here to see the original:
New Emails Show Abedin Aiding Clinton Foundation Donors - Washington Free Beacon

McMaster Outlines Hillary ClintonLike Approach to Certification of Iran Nuclear Deal – National Review

At a noon conference call today on how the Trump administration plans to certify the nuclear deal with Iran (the JCPOA) for a second time, National Security Council director H. R. McMaster spoke at length about why the JCPOA is a bad deal and how it has not changed Irans behavior. McMaster and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin also announced new sanctions against Iran. However, McMaster still indicated that the administration plans to again certify to Congress that Iran is complying with the agreement. This decision includes certifying that the agreement is in the national-security interests of the United States.

McMaster said Iran is in default of the spirit of the agreement and we need to take a closer look at whether it is violating the letter of the deal. According to McMaster, Iran has been walking up to violating the letter of the JCPOA.

This is false. I asked McMaster how the Trump administration could do this in light of clear evidence that Iran is violating the JCPOA. I mentioned recent op-eds that Ambassador John Bolton and I wrote on these violations in The Hill and NRO. I said that this is a very troubling decision that amounts to looking the other way on Irans violations, legitimizing the dangerous concessions the Obama administration made to get this deal and goes against the presidents statements during the presidential campaign. I added that this policy to stick with the JCPOA is little different than what Hillary Clinton would have done if she had won the 2016 election.

McMaster refused to answer my question. He refused to address the issue of Iranian violations at all until another questioner pushed him on this which led McMaster to give the misleading answer above on Iran being in default of the spirit of this agreement.

McMaster mentioned an ongoing review of Iran policy that reportedly will be completed by late summer. But with a decision like this, there seems little doubt the administration is not going to fulfill President Trumps campaign promise to kill or substantially renegotiate the nuclear deal.

My hope is that President Trump will look at the facts concerning the dangers of the JCPOA and Iranian violations and not certify Iranian compliance. Other steps are urgently needed to bring the Trump administrations Iran policy in line with what President Trump promised during the campaign.

Read more from the original source:
McMaster Outlines Hillary ClintonLike Approach to Certification of Iran Nuclear Deal - National Review

Hillary Clinton – fortune.com

Hillary Clinton referenced The Handmaid's Tale , Margaret Atwoods 1985 novel about a dystopian United States, in a speech at Planned Parenthoods 100th anniversary gala on Tuesday night.

To paraphrase Margaret Atwood, We can never let them grind us down, Clinton said, according to the Huffington Post .

She continued: "We come tonight to celebrate the last 100 years, the progress that so many generations have fought so hard for and what a time it is to be holding this centennial, just ask those whove been watching The Handmaids Tale , a book I read and was captivated by years ago," she said, according to the Huffington Post.

The novel, which Hulu recently adapted into an online show, takes place in a society where women are second-class citizens, stripped of their constitutional rights. Women who are capable of having children are made into "handmaids," bearing children for members of the upper class whose wives are infertile. The novel primarily follows the story of a handmaid named Offred, who is comforted by a Latin phrase that translates as Dont let the bastards grind you down roughly the same saying Clinton referenced during her speech.

Now, I am not suggesting this dystopian future is around the corner, Clinton continued, but this show has prompted important conversations about womens rights and autonomy. In The Handmaids Tale , womens rights are gradually, slowly stripped away. As one character says, We didnt look up from our phones until it was too late.

It is not too late for us, Clinton said, but only as long as womens rights advocates keep fighting.

Clinton has kept a relatively low profile since losing the presidential election to Donald Trump in November. But now, Clinton is "back to being an active citizen and part of the resistance," she said at the gala, according to The Hill.

Follow this link:
Hillary Clinton - fortune.com

‘No, She Wouldn’t’: Chelsea Clinton Fires Back After Commentator Claims Hillary Would ‘Sell Her Daughter to Be … – PEOPLE.com

Chelsea Clintonis hitting back at a FOX News hosts comments about her mother, Hillary Clinton.

Fox Newss The Fivecontributor Lisa Boothe said in a Friday segment that the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee would literally sell her daughter to be president, literally sell her only child to be president. Boothe also called the 2016 presidential candidate the most soulless woman on the planet.

Chelsea defended her mom and shot down the nasty statements in a tweet Saturday.

No, she wouldnt. Ive never doubted & always known I was the most important part of her life. Now as a mom Im even more grateful to my mom, the former first daughter and mother to daughter Charlotte and son Aidan, wrote.

RELATED VIDEO:Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump: Flashback Moments, 1979 1992

The former Secretary of State shared a photo on Twitter last week of herself modeling a nasty woman shirt created bycomedianSamantha Beeand the online fundraising platformOmazeto benefit Planned Parenthood Advocacy Project Los Angeles.

Support Samantha Bee & Planned Parenthood & buy a Nasty Woman t-shirt! Clinton wrote. President Donald Trump had called Clinton a nasty woman in the explosive third presidential debate in October 2016.

The rest is here:
'No, She Wouldn't': Chelsea Clinton Fires Back After Commentator Claims Hillary Would 'Sell Her Daughter to Be ... - PEOPLE.com

Trump defends his son, accuses Hillary Clinton and attacks the ‘fake news’ media – Los Angeles Times

Disclosures stemming from last summers meeting between President Trumps eldest son, a Kremlin-linked lawyer and at least one other controversial Russian figure could prove to be a turning point in the tangled, months-long probe of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election, senior Democrats said Sunday.

The White House dispatched a senior member of the presidents personal legal defense team to the major Sunday news shows to play down last weeks steady drip of revelations about the meeting with lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya, which was also attended by Trumps son-in-law, Jared Kushner, now a senior White House aide.

The president, meanwhile, took to Twitter to renew his defense of Donald Trump Jr. over the June 2016 meeting in Trump Tower, returning to familiar twin themes of attacking former opponent Hillary Clinton and castigating the news media over coverage of Russia-related matters.

The tweet referred to a primary debate question that had been provided to the Clinton campaign and not to her then-rival, Sen. Bernie Sanders, and to emails Clinton deleted from the private server she used while serving as secretary of State. The disclosure about the debate question was drawn from Russian-hacked electronic communications.

Everything President Trump has tweeted about the Clintons>>

In a separate tweet, Trump thanked former campaign official Michael Caputo, who told the Associated Press that he appeared before a closed session of the House Intelligence Committee on Friday and testified that he "never heard the word Russia" during his time on Trump's campaign.

Caputo's appearance, which he said was a voluntary effort to clear his name, came as part of the committee's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election and possible connections to Trump's campaign.

Trump for months has described investigations of alleged collusion between his campaign and the Kremlin as a DEM HOAX and a witch hunt.

Everything President Trump has tweeted about Russia>>

After an initial White House-sanctioned statement suggesting the meeting was mainly about Russian orphans, the younger Trump acknowledged in emails released last week that the intermediary who set up the meeting described Veselnitskaya as having access to Russian government information that could be used against Clinton. He replied: I love it.

In addition to Trump Jr. and Kushner, the meeting was attended by Paul Manafort, who at the time was a senior campaign aide, and Rinat Akhmetshin, a Russian American self-described lobbyist with a reported background in Russian counterintelligence.

The fact that the most striking revelations came in the words of the presidents son made it more difficult for the White House to push back against anonymous sources. Even so, Trump again blamed negative coverage for keeping what he has termed a baseless controversy alive.

-- This post contains reporting from the Associated Press

Read more from the original source:
Trump defends his son, accuses Hillary Clinton and attacks the 'fake news' media - Los Angeles Times